General Council of SAMETI shall be responsible for taking decision on policy matters of SAMETI in accordance with the rules and byelaws. Agricultural Production Commissioner of the State is the Chairman of the General Council.
Agricultural Production Commissioner - Chairman
Secretary (Agriculture) - Vice Chairman
Secretary (Finance) - Ex-officio Member
Secretary Animal Husbandry - Ex-officio Member
Secretary Dairy - Ex-officio Member
Secretary Fisheries - Ex-officio Member
Vice Chancellor, Kerala Agricultural university - Ex-officio Member
Director, manage or his representative - Ex-officio Member
Representative of IMG - Member
Representative of KILA - Member
Director of Agriculture - Member
Additional Director, Soil Conservation - Member
Additional Director, Soil Survey - Member
Additional Director (CP) - Member
Director, SAMETI - Member Secretary/ Convener
Functions and powers of General Council
- Observe the provisions of the memorandum of Association, the rules and such instructions of Government of Kerala in the Department dealing with the affairs of the SAMETI, as may be issued from time to time.
- Exercise General Control and issue such directions for the efficient management and administration of the affairs of the SAMETI as may be necessary.
- Nominate members of the Executive Council in accordance with rules.
- Approve the annual budget of the SAMETI drawn up by the Executive Council, and the approved budget shall be submitted to the Government of Kerala for sanction of Government grants.
- Consider the annual report approved by the Executive Council.
- Consider the balance sheet and audited accounts for the outgoing year.
- As and amend with the prior approval of the Government of Kerala the Rules of the SAMETI.